default Cipher and Pubkey algo

Georg Wilckens durandal@nfinity.de
Wed Mar 7 22:22:03 2001

--yFH6hwN92mUA4HK5

Hello.

The following passage from the gpg-manpage talks about cipher
algorithms.

       --cipher-algo name
                 Use   name as cipher algorithm. Running the pro=AD
                 gram with the command --version yields a list of
                 supported  algorithms.  If  this is not used the
                 cipher algorithm is selected  from  the  prefer=AD
                 ences stored with the key.

The thing I am wondering about is, how I can find out which cipher
algorithm is selected in the preferences of a given key. Is this
implemented yet? Couldn't find any reference - only gpg telling me,
what was used at encryption time.

Regards,
	Georg
--=20