User IDs and Sub-keys

skribe skribe@amber.com.au
Fri Mar 16 11:13:15 2001

Hi:

I'm new to GPG.  I don't understand how user IDs or additional sub-keys work.
 I've read the manual, the faq and browsed the last few months of archives
for this list.  Perhaps I missed something.  Perhaps this is a problem with
my email software (Kmail 2.1).

What I am particulalrly interested in is being able to establish separate
email IDs using the same key.  For instance, one for skribe and one for the
name Joe Bloggs.  Currently, when I sign a document the default key (skribe)
is used, even when I stipulate that the Joe Bloggs ID should be used in the
email client.  This somewhat cramps my anonymity =).  Do I require separate
and distinct key-pairs for this or is there a way to do it with the one
key-pair.

Additionally, Could someone please direct me to some additional
documentiation (apart from the manual) as to how to use the IDs and sub-keys,
to sign and encrypt?

TIA,

skribe
--