gpg batch mode hangs on windows nt

Nick Donaldson psyclops@psyclops.com
Wed Mar 28 05:37:03 2001

Greetings!

I am seeing some odd behaviour and would like to know if anyone has also
had similar problems or has any ideas for solutions.

I am developing a secure information transmission system using a
combination of gpg signing and encryption, using a command line perl app
and the GPG.pm perl module.  It works great on Linux/Solaris, but when I
tried installing it on Windows NT, the program hangs during the encryption
phase.

A quick delve into the GPG.pm code reveals that it uses batch mode to
process the plaintext.  The complete command is as follows:

COMMAND :
c:/gnupg/gpg -a --homedir c:/gnupg --batch --no-comment --no-version
--passphras
e-fd 0 -r "some name <some email>" --default-key "another name <another
email>" -se [PID 1868]

A little experimentation shows that normal encryption seems to work OK, but
batch mode always hangs.  Is batch mode not supported under Windows?  Does
anyone have any ideas?

cheers,

nick.
Nick Donaldson                  mailto:psyclops@psyclops.com
Bit Wrangler Extraordinaire!    http://www.psyclops.com/
510.531.8722 voice              510.593.5638 mobile