Warning message with 1.0.4f

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Mar 28 20:33:04 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Brian Galbraith wrote:

> gpg. no corresponding secret subkey for public subkey - removing.
>
> Would someone explain to me why I get this message?
Well this is due to the new key selection code (getkey.c). Instead of looking for the secret key, gpg looks for the public key and if it has found one, locates the corresponding secret key. This message occurs when during the replacement of public (sub)keys with their secret counterparts, no corresponding secret key was found. There might be a bug in the code. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus