Help with compiling GnuPG 1.0.5 on Solaris 7

Brian Clark brian.clark@us.brann.com
Tue May 1 23:11:01 2001

Hello,

I am new to GnuPG and am trying to compile it on my Solaris 7 box
without much success.  Configure seems to be fine.  Here is how I ran
configure:

# ./configure --enable-static-rnd=egd

This seems to work fine.  Then when I run make, it chugs along for a
minute before spitting out this message.  Any ideas on what is going on
here?

make[2]: ar: Command not found
make[2]: *** [libutil.a] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/temp/gnupg-1.0.5/util'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/temp/gnupg-1.0.5'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I tried a "make clean" and then ran configure and make again, just to
see if it would happen again, and it did.

I am not a member of the gnupg-users mailing list.  Please CC me if you
respond.  Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian!

--

Brian Clark