Using signing in a group environment

Mark H. Wood mwood@IUPUI.Edu
Thu May 17 15:31:01 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Brian Rectanus wrote:

> I would like to create a secret key for our group here at work so that
> we can send out signed email. What would be the best way of doing this
> so that when a group member leaves, they would not be able to continue
> to send signed email?
Well, unless there is some compelling reason to share a single key, the *best* way is to give each member a separate key. If a member leaves, he can continue to send signed email, but since you know it is from a nonmember (the signature *proves* that) you can ignore it. If this is not sufficient, explaining your need more thoroughly may elicit a better answer. -- Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood@IUPUI.Edu Make a good day.