Signing sub-key with PGP

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed May 23 18:09:01 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, disastry@saiknes.lv wrote:

> > Now, I signed a message with my signing subkey and tried to verify it with
> > PGP 6 and 7. PGP 6 said the signature was bad while PGP 7 said the signing
> > algorithm was not supported. When I signed the same message with the main
PGP 7 does not support subkeys on signature verification? Are you really sure? That is an essential OpenPGP feature. Can someone please check this again?
> you can convert subkey to a key with a hex editor
> of course you must understand PGP key format.. read RFC2440 first
I should really write this little packet composition tool, it would have come quite handy in several situations. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus