New optimized AES code (bug report)

Julius C. Duque jcduque@cybercebu.com
Fri May 25 09:30:01 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2000, Julius C. Duque wrote:
>
> > Any chance of using this version instead in the next
> > release of gpg?
>
> You won't notice the speedup because in most setups the public key
> cryptography part consumes all the time. AES is already much faster
> than the other algorithms so that I consider that not to be an
> urgent task.
I just did some checks on the AES version that gpg uses, and the newer versions of the AES. gpg uses version 2.3 of AES which contains a bug. On version 2.4, the code implementors of AES said: Changes from v2.3 ----------------- Fixed a small bug in CBC mode. Version 3 of AES is now out. Also, could the developers add Serpent? -- Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -- J.K. Galbraith