batch processing & password

Samuel }slund samuel@update.uu.se
Mon Nov 26 10:27:01 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Anthony E. Greene wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> >I have a cdrom full of text & other documents that need to be
> >encrypted. Batch processing is the best way to do this, when everyone
> >has left the office.
> >
> >How do I go about getting the password inserted into the mix, without
> >anyone being in the office?
>
> Why use a password? Just create a key just for this and use regular
> public-key encryption.

I can see some reasons this might not be wanted.
This scheme requires keeping two files together (the private key and the
encrypted text) to be able to use the data. Which complicates handling a
little.
The scheme also mean that (unless you store this file in multipple
different locations) a single unfortunate coruption of data can make all
the files on the CD unusable.

Just my thoughts
//Samuel