What's "or-ed" means? (from --debug, man

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Oct 3 14:12:02 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:07:33 +0800, eelchen  said:

> Per my poor English that I have a question after read the man page about --debug. Could someone kindly explain what is "or-ed" means?
An bitwise adjunction. To express this in C you do a c = a | b So if you have the flags 0x01 and 0x02 the result is 0x03. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus