post-installation questions

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Oct 9 10:05:01 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:52:22 +1000, David K Trudgett said:

> I believe the system call under Linux to allocated non-swappable
> ("locked") memory can only be executed by a user with root privileges.
> This is probably true on most other Unixes, too, because of the scope
> for DoS attacks.
IIRC, *BSD does not require root privs. I consider this requirement of Linux an unfortunate choice but the maintainers did not liked a patch to keep locked pages in an ulimit. -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus