Win2000, ASP, IIS and ASPmail

Jeff Jeff.GNUPG@mvtnet.com
Wed Oct 10 04:35:01 2001

Hi,

Has anyone gotten GNUPG to work with Win2000 and IIS using ASPmail?

ASPmail will call any program to encode the mail body.  It is documented
to work with NAI PGP but I have setup GNU PGP on the 2000 server. I have
setup the keys and verified that it encrypts properly from the command
line with the same parameters the program uses:

gnupg --yes --batch --output c:\gnu\gnufiles\txtfile023.txt --armor
--encrypt --recipient username@domain.com c:\gnu\gnufiles\txtfile023.pgp

(Obviously the names above have been changed for the --recipient)

This command works from the server command line on the Windows 2000 server

I can call other programs from the ASPmail script.  In fact I wrote a
program to replace gnupg.exe.  When run it creates a file containing the
parameters passed to it.  If this program is put in place of the
gnupg.exe and the same ASP script is run that fails to run the "real"
gnupg.exe  it will run correctly, outputting a file with the command
line like show above.

Any ideas why gnupg.exe does not run?

Jeff