I lost my secret key.

Felix Hagemann fx-listen@coop-x.de
Wed Oct 10 12:03:02 2001

mc@iterunet.com writes:

> I send my public key to a key server. However I lost my secret key. Is
> there any way to revoke such public key?
I don't think, it is possible to revoke a key without the secret key. If you generate a new key pair, issue a revocation certificate at the same time and store it in a safe place (like on a floppy, or print it out). Read the docs on how to do this. Then you can always revoke the key even if you lose the secret key (in a disk failure etc). HTH (er, next time), Fx -- Hear your drummer! Key-ID: 0xDA1E5CD9 GPG-Key: <URL:http://coop-x.de/crypto/fx-coop-x-de.asc>