GnuPG distribution - Windows

Thomas Bader thomasb@trash.net
Wed Oct 10 13:44:01 2001

* Samuel }slund <samuel@update.uu.se> [011010 13:30]:

> I am going to distribute GnuPG with a program I make for windows.
> Now to avoid having to organize source distribution I will include the
> GnuPG source on the disk with my program.
> Is the 'gnupg-1.0.6.tar.gz' all that is needed to fulfill the Licence
> requirement?
Yes, it's possible to do so. But you don't have to distribute any source code at all. You only must make sure, that your users get access to the source code for free (or, only at cost of sales). Pointing them to ftp.gnupg.org (if you use an unmodified version of gpg) is enough, to fulfill the license. But please notice, if you distribute gpg with your own changes, you must distribute your modifications to the public, under GPL and as source. Gruss --=20 .-. Thomas Bader =B7 thomasb@trash.net.remove =B7 http://www.t-bader.ch= / .-. oo| o= o| /`'\ Einen Unix-Shellaccount gibt es unter http://www.trash.net/ /`= '\ (\_;/) PGP Key-ID: 0x3A4B7F5D (RSA) 0x7584F5D8 (DSA/EG) (\_= ;/)