SOLUTION to GNUPG on sparc64 & solaris2.8

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc@dOink.COM
Wed Oct 10 21:14:01 2001

lh> It seems [sparc64 on solaris2.8] is not yet supported.

	True enough.

lh> Is this s 64bit-enabled version of gcc 3.x? I'd stay away
lh> from it, I hear that sparc64 support in gcc is not exactly
lh> ready for prime time yet. (sparc64 support is definitely not
lh> complete in gcc 2.95.x).

	I agree on all counts.  My gcc is version 2.9.

lh> A sparc32 binary will work just fine on 32 and 64 bit platforms.

	I managed to get gnupg to build on my sparc64, solaris2.8
	maching using gcc 2.9.  All that seems necessary is to
	get the configure line correct.  Mine was:

	    ./configure sparc-sun-solaris2 \
		--with-included-gettext \
		--enable-static-rnd=none

	The most important parts were "sparc" and "solaris2",
	although "solaris" works too.  The configure option
	"--disable-asm" will cause the problem I reported as
	well.

	Thanks Lars....