discussion on increasing amount of gpg signatures...

Douglas Elznic dfe@anize.org
Thu Oct 11 05:13:02 2001

--=-buHxnaIM2Jg+2fHAbKiS

Hello,
 It seems that the biggest problem with gpg is not technichal and but a
social problem. The problem seems to be the lack of signatures and size
of the web of trust. Have there ever been any attempts to create an
easier way to find people to sign your key? Obviously i think that there
needs to be. I live in syracuse ny and can not get to many computer
conferences because they are al on the west coast.=20
 It seems that there are two ways to handle the problem a mailing list
or a web page. unfortunatly i do not have the connectivity to offer
either. A web page or a mailing list could offer a way for people within
the same geographic region to identify another individual looking to
have thier key signed. The problem with this is that it makes your geo
location known and to privacy enthusiasts like gpg users this seems like
a bit of an impediment. What do other people think should be done to
address the problem of getting signatures...
 BTW If you live near syracuse, ny let's get together and exchange
keys...

--=20

| Douglas Elznic | GPG Key: <dfe@anize.org> 0x13300731 |
| Thinker-@-Large | Pub key can be obtained from http://pgp.dtype.org |
| dfe@anize.org | Fingerprint: |
| dfelznic@syr.edu | EF9C 7E3C 0327 EAAF 1E20 5299 0805 7531 1330 0731 |
| http://anize.org | All emails should be signed by the above key. |
| They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
| safety deserve neither liberty nor safety... Benjamin Franklin 1759 |