discussion on increasing amount of gpg signatures...

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 12 23:30:02 2001

Douglas Elznic wrote:

> It seems that the biggest problem with gpg is not technichal and but a
> social problem. The problem seems to be the lack of signatures and size
> of the web of trust.
Hmmm. If I discuss things that really need to be kept secret I only do that with people I already know and whose keys I trust. And trusting people for discussing one subject does not automatically mean I trust them for discussing other subjects too. This means I just don't care for the "web of trust". Before I discuss some things with people, I just need to trust them personally, not "trust" them because other people do. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html