discussion on increasing amount of gpg signatures...

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Sat Oct 13 20:37:01 2001

Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us> writes:

> MA> Verifying that the key holder has control of the key's e-mail
> MA> address isn't part of many key signing party verification
> MA> procedures, especially less formal ones.
>
> This is extremely true. One way to ameliorate this is to use a
> challenge-response pair for each e-mail address on the key.
IIRC, the most obvious challenge-response protocol (and the most sensible one) for certifying keys has been patented, and I don't know if the extension to cover (multiple) email addresses is enough to bypass this patent. (Just in case if you want to do this more regularly.)