ibutton and gpg key

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Oct 16 09:08:02 2001

On 16 Oct 2001 02:15:54 -0400, Douglas Elznic said:

> The hardware definitely presents some useful options. i just don't know
> how feasible some of them are. I saw somewhere on google that werner has
> done some work on this project. I am interested in hearing his opinion
My initial idea was to to keep a random string to enhance the strength of the passphrase on a 1991, I did some experiments but there is no real code yet. It is possible that someone will work on this due to fact that we need Smartcard support for the Aegypten project anyway. Paul Crowley did a prototype for the Java Button; you should find a link to it at www.cryptolabs.org. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus