How to accept only signed, encrypted messages automatically?

Eelco Vriezekolk eelco@nexus.com.na
Tue Oct 16 17:03:02 2001

Hello,

Please CC me, I am not on the list. I've read the docs, searched the list,
but cannot find an answer.

I have a script that receives, on STDIN, a signed, encrypted file. At least,
that is the idea; the script ought to reject anything that is not encrypted,
and anything that is not signed with one of the known public keys. Simple as
that, I can't get it to work. I am relying on the exitvalue, zero should
mean "signed with known, trusted signature, decryption OK", any other
exitvalue should indicate an error.

"gpg --decrypt" will accept messages that are not signed, which is very much
*not* what I want.

How can I make GnuPG decrypt and make sure that there is a trusted
signature, and have it indicate to me by exitvalue?

Please CC me, as I am not on the list.

Regards,
--
Nexus Consultants cc, Eelco Vriezekolk <eelco@nexus.com.na>
Phone:  +264 61 252345     AOL IM: "vriezekolk"