FW: Re: Differences in downloads

Drew Byer, ABCSites, Inc. drew@abcsites.net
Wed Oct 17 16:47:01 2001

I am trying to get the GNU Privacy Guard to work on my WIN 2K system.  I
have downloaded these two files:

> gnupg-1.0.6.tar.gz
> gnupg-w32-1.0.6.zip
Which file should I use for the software to work. I have unzipped both and notice that they have different files. The "tar" has files and folders, but none of the files are readable. The "zip" has only files with one ".exe" file. When I run that file it opens my command prompt, but when I type in the command "--gen-key" (in many different formats) nothing happens. What am I missing or what needs to be done? I did notice at this page: http://www.gnupg.org/backend.html#supsys It states under Supported Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME with x86 CPU works fine (you need a special setup to build it). Since it works with x86, I would assume it also works with P3's. Yes or No? What is the special setup that is needed? Sincerely, Drew Byer