GnuPG and PGP 2.6: unusable public key

Mark Brown broonie@sirena.org.uk
Fri Oct 19 13:34:01 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 08:04:07PM -0700, Nick Andriash wrote:

> Hello Justin R. Miller,
> On Thursday, October 18 2001 at 06:54 PM PDT, you wrote:

> > Warnings are there for a reason!

> What then is the reason behind the 'warning'?
The warning says that you are encrypting to this key but you don't have sufficient information (in GPG) to determine if it is owned by who it claims to be. Depending on how much you care about nobody but the intended recipient reading the mail this may be a problem. -- "You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever."