Key management question

Kevin A. Pieckiel kpieckiel@mail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:43:02 2001

--lCAWRPmW1mITcIfM

Hello.  I'm sorry if this is an FAQ, but I couldn't find the answer in ANY
documention across which I have come.

I'm using GnuPG 1.0.6 on FreeBSD.

I did --edit-keys and added two UID's to my key.  How do I change the defau=
lt
UID that is used in my keyring when I sign/encrypt something?  It seems to
have picked a UID at random and I'm uncertain as to how I change it.  Why d=
oes
the handbook not say ANYTHING about that little dot that shows up in the
--edit-keys CLI that tells which UID is the default or primary UID?  Or do
I have things all screwed up in my head?

Thanks,
Kevin

--=20
This message has been signed by GnuPG.  For my PGP public key, send a blank
E-Mail to kpieckiel-pgp@smartrafficenter.org and my public key will be sent=
you.  You may also get my key from certserver.pgp.com; my ID is 0x79FC593E.

--lCAWRPmW1mITcIfM

--lCAWRPmW1mITcIfM--