GnuPG, GPG - the difference?

Gordon Worley redbird@rbisland.cx
Sat Oct 20 06:08:01 2001

At 12:55 PM +0300 10/16/01, Tuomas Pellonpera wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > GnuPG is the name of the package. [snip]
>> if you are talking about the
>> entire software please say "GnuPG" or GNU Privacy Guard.
>
>When one is talking about keys, which way is the proper (and accurate?)
>one? `GPG public key', `GnuPG public key', or `PGP public key'?
OpenPGP, if that's what you mean, but lots of us type PGP for convenience. GPG or GnuPG would not be accurate in this case, since the key is not exclusive to the GnuPG software. -- Gordon Worley `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty http://www.rbisland.cx/ said, `it means just what I choose redbird@rbisland.cx it to mean--neither more nor less.' PGP: 0xBBD3B003 --Lewis Carroll