GNUPG installation on NT

Kai Raven kai.raven@t-online.de
Mon Oct 22 05:34:01 2001

Hello,

on 22.10.2001 [04:41 h] you wrote:

> I am trying to install a copy of Gnupg into my NT platform but really
> don't know how to go about it.
> With the instruction from Readme.w32, I managed to install
> gnupg-w32-1.0.6.zip into my NT and when run gpg.exe, I got this message:
> "gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...." at Ms-Dos prompt. Can this
> tell that I do it right at this stage and what next?
perhaps a fresh prompt and type gpg --help and gpg --version first? ;-) in the console window, you must give GnuPG some arguments, options, e. g. to encrypt or sign a file. examples: gpg -ato file.asc -er key-ID file.ext gpg -asto file.asc file.ext but you can use also plug-ins or shells to handle GnuPG from the systray and with your e-mail program. Ciao Kai -- Homepage: http://www.kai-raven.de.vu/ German PGP&GnuPG tutorial: http://www.kai-raven.de.vu/pgp/pgpanltg.htm