1.0.6, Win95, etcetera

Peter Kuhm peter.kuhm@plus.at
Thu Oct 25 16:38:01 2001

[ hope it is ok for you when I go back to the list ]

Hi,

At 10:03 25.10.01 -0400, John J Kane wrote:

>I also have an early Win95 running gpg 1.0.6 but not
>gpa.  What are your symptoms?
>
>Exactly how is gpa not working?
>Can you mail me your gpg 'options' file?

thx for your interest.

when I replace the gpg.exe 1.0.4 which is 'shipped' with the
Gnu Privacy Assistent with the actual gpg version 1.0.6. the
gpa brings both: an error message with only an [OK] button
and a message regarding the program abortion.

I think I don't want to dig deeper into gpa. My next step will be
GPGshell. <http://www.jumaros.de/rsoft/download/gpgshell.zip>

Before I followed up with WinPT but there is another (known)
problem for my OS:

-> http://www.winpt.org/download.html
| note: Early versions of Windows 95 complaining about a missing "ws2_32.dll"
| file require install first. "Microsoft DUN 1.3 Winsock2 Year 2000 Update".)

I installed the mentioned update, but it doesn't work either.
Even after installation of two other related update packages.

What GUI/shell are you using? Any hints for having a look at?

regards,
Peter