Help with the "unusable public key" message

Sylvain ARNAUD s_arnaud@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 18:58:01 2001

Hello,

I am running GnuPG 1.0.6 under Solaris 2.6, and I have
the following problem:

while importing some users' public keys with the
option --allow-non-selfsigned-uid, I have the message:
gpg: key XXXXXX: accepted non self-signed user ID
'Toto, tit <tot@dot.com>'
gpg: key XXXXXX: public key imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

Then I sign the corresponding key with my own
signature, and I have the "pub" description but not
the "sub" one.

And when I want to crypt a message with this key, I
have the following error:
gpg: tot@dot.com: skipped: unusable public key
gpg: /tmp/test.doc: encryption failed: unusable public
key

Does anybody has an idea on how to solve this problem
??

Many thanks for your help,

Sylvain.