standard cipher

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 3 19:15:02 2001

Guy Van Sanden wrote:

> I get this when encrypting files:
> gpg: this cipher algorithm is depreciated; please use a more
> standard one!

> What does it mean, I haven't changed any settings about the
> ciphers...
What version of gpg are you using? This was a known bug in 1.0.4, where this message would appear on the default algo Rijndael. You can change it in g10/misc.c in function print_cipher_algo_note(), or update to 1.0.6. When you're at it, you can just as easy add IDEA to the list of non-deprecated algorithms to prevent gpg from whining when it encounters a pgp 2.X encrypted file. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html