Keyserver problem when exporting uid revocations - unexpected behaviour from server

Åsmund Skjæveland aasmunds@student.matnat.uio.no
Sun Sep 9 19:33:02 2001

--ZInfyf7laFu/Kiw7

I've bumped into a rather odd problem while revoking a couple of userids.
I tested if the revocations were in circulations, and I noticed that I
couldn't use the keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net to transport the
uid/self-signature revocations from my current keyring to a backup copy of=
=20
it. The revocations were transferred when I used manual export and import.
However, the keyserver certserver.pgp.com (which I haven't sent the
revocations to; it must have synchronised against wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net) does
distribute the revoked uids.=20
It appears that wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net simply silently ignores revoked uids: It
distributes neither revocations nor signatures for them.

I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong. I use the same command on two
different keyservers and get different results.

Is wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net broken?

--=20
=C5smund Skj=E6veland (aasmunds@student.matnat.uio.no)

--ZInfyf7laFu/Kiw7