Automatic update of keyring

Andrew McDonald andrew@mcdonald.org.uk
Mon Sep 10 22:53:01 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 11:11:44PM +0200, ?smund Skj?veland wrote:

> But why isn't there a keyring-update-command implemented in gnupg? After
> all, it's pretty central to the trust model that everyone has up-to-date
> keyrings. And not everybody knows how to write a shell script (or has the
> time to learn), and unix shell scripts are not trivial to port to other
> platforms.
When this came up last time I was passed a patch that added such an option. I understand that Werner didn't want to include it due to reasonable concerns about the load that might be placed on the keyservers if everybody used it. -- Andrew McDonald E-mail: andrew@mcdonald.org.uk http://www.mcdonald.org.uk/andrew/