A Key-gen-config file that autodeletes?

Edward Khoo edwardkkb@cheerful.com
Tue Sep 11 19:01:01 2001

Hi folks,

It is good to hear such learned opinions. Being a relative newbie to these
open source projects,
it does looks to me that a decision probably have to made regarding this
feature of supporting some sort of auto-capabilities.
On the other hand, I am in computer technology just long enough to know that
the answer is not going to be without trade-offs. :-|

As long as there is no guarantee that the hardware is secure, any software
decisions is hard to make.
And the classic saying, "security is only as good as its weakest link"

Also, this conversation have taken us away from my original concern of
automating the passing in of interactive parameters.
(assuming its a 'secure' computer)
- How to get "--batch" to work in either command line or scripting support?
- or If "--batch" is the option to use to pass in a config file in the first
place?

Here is Werner's original suggestion:
#!/bin/sh
gpg --gen-key --batch <$1
rm $1

Which did not work for me, as I am not sure of the data format that will be
accepted.

Best regards,
Edward