IDEA

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Sep 14 10:05:04 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:56:28 +1000, David K Trudgett said:

> If IDEA is free for non-commercial use, how can its *distribution* not
> be allowed because of patent claims??? This does not make any sense at
I made the decision not to allow the distribution. So by distributing it you would just violate my distribution terms. Why? We are fighting against sotware patents and therefore it is a bad sign to help Ascom with their IDEA patent. Please don't start a specific discusson on the IDEA patent - all software patents are bad for Free Software Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus