Why are revocations hidden?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Sep 17 08:37:01 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:11:52 +0200, Åsmund Skjæveland said:

> SUMMARY:
> The following message asks why revoked userids are not shown as such when a
> keyfile is parsed by gnupg, and tries to point out dangers.
This is a feature. There is no point in displaying non-functional user IDs; after all GnuPG won't use them at all. For example I revoked my openit.de user ID because I am not anymore afiliated with them - so why show it at all. OTOH, it is often useful to show all user IDs if you want to take a close look at the key - therefore the user IDs are shown in the --edit menu. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus