GunPG error and GPA error.

Roy Souther Roy Souther <roy@silicontao.com>
Mon Sep 17 20:50:01 2001

I am trying to get GPA working but ever time I try to encrypt a file I get
"error accessing file", these are my sets.
1) Start GPA
2) Select Windows -> File Manger
3) Select Open
4) Select a file to encrypt
5) Select encrypt
6) Select the public key of the person I want to send it to
7) Look at undiscript dialog that only says "error accessing file"

So I try to runt the command line... below is what happens.
Basicly, it complains about some path that I can't find in the docmentation
any where, "trust path" what ever that is, then it asks if I want to
continue. I type yes and it encrypts it. I send it out and the receiver can
decrpyt it using GPA. But neither of us can make GPA encrypt any thing.

Any help would be great.

------ Out put from command line useing gpg -----------
[roy@UtopiaPlanitia roy]$ gpg --encrypt 16c5x.pdf
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
You did not specify a user ID. (you may use "-r")

Enter the user ID: Dave Thompson
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.

1024g/ADE0A2BB 2001-09-17 "Dave Thompson <davet@telusplanet.net>"
             Fingerprint: 7988 1692 DE07 AA72 380E  3CCC 61C5 CCE4 ADE0 A2BB

It is NOT certain that the key belongs to its owner.
If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer
the next question with yes

Use this key anyway? yes
[roy@UtopiaPlanitia roy]$

 --
Thursday September 13, 2001 at 10:00 AM SiliconTao.com along with millions of
Albertans will observe a moment of silence for friends and family that lost