skipjack.c in contrib/do-not-use/

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Sep 18 09:19:01 2001

On 18 Sep 2001 06:38:36 GMT, Roland E Lipovits said:

> Could anybody give me a pointer to the reason why the module
> skipjack.c is in a directory called "do-not-use"?
Exactly for the reason, given in the name. I didn't want to remove tye file to avoid question " Hey, where is that Skipjack thing?". Skipjack is not standardized by OpenPGP and it is a *weak*cipher*. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus