signing + mailing lists

Gordon Worley redbird@rbisland.cx
Wed Sep 19 17:29:01 2001

At 8:01 AM -0700 9/19/01, Nick Andriash wrote:

>Hello Anthony E. Greene,
>
>On Wednesday, September 19 2001 at 12:30 AM PDT, you wrote:
>
>> Another reason I sign everything is to spread knowledge of PGP/GnuPG.
>
>And a very good reason that is, which is why I always sign 99 of my
>postings. In fact, on my PGP-Basics and it's associated Mailing Lists we
>almost 'require' clear-signing. :o)
Well, before we get a full debate going, I still see it as not doing anyone any good. If you want to encourage the use of PGP (which you should), then do something like I do and put your key ID in your sig. People will see the funny numbers and letters and, after a while, get curious and check that PGP thing out. Same effect as signing everything, just without all the extra, useless bytes. -- Gordon Worley `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty http://www.rbisland.cx/ said, `it means just what I choose redbird@rbisland.cx it to mean--neither more nor less.' PGP: 0xBBD3B003 --Lewis Carroll