Mutt/GnuPG doc initial release

Alexander Skwar ASkwar@DigitalProjects.com
Tue Sep 25 06:36:02 2001

So sprach =BBDouglas Elznic=AB am 2001-09-24 um 18:00:51 -0400 :

> actuality all it did was delete files off the users hard drive. A pgp
> signature or more accurately a lack there of would have prevented people
> from assuming the code was from carol and running it. Is it really such
> a bother to you to have a couple of extra lines of text?
Well, no, but the point is, that a signature wouldn't have ment anything at all. If you haven't gotten the key directly (that is from a face-to-face contact) or if it is at least signed by some known authority, there's no indication whatsoever that this key actually belongs to whoemever it says in the signature. If I'd sign this mail, would you be more confident that it actually is from me? Alexander Skwar --=20 How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english) Homepage: http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.iso-top.de iso-top.de - Die g=FCnstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen Uptime: 1 day 18 hours 47 minutes