Warning: Key export fails if primary uid has been changed

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Sep 27 12:08:01 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:34:57 +0200, Ingo Klöcker said:

> So everybody who has used the development version of GnuPG to change
> the primary user id of his key shouldn't use an older version of GnuPG
> afterwards to export or upload the changed key to a keyserver.
I think you are wrong here. 1.0.6a does the right thing, 1.0.6 has the bug.
Yep. I could do so. It seems that this was the fix: 2001-08-09 Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> * build-packet.c (build_sig_subpkt): Fixed calculation of newarea->size. Thanks for the very detailed report. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus