how to sent revoke certificate to pgp keyserver?

Markus Markus Sagebiel <Sage@biel.com>
Thu Sep 27 17:38:06 2001

Hi,
with this line

gpg --gen-revoke > gpg-revoke.txt ; chmod 600 gpg-revoke.txt

from http://www.linux-magazin.de/ausgabe/1999/12/GnuPG/gnupg.html

and this one

cat gpg-revoke.txt | mail -s "add" pgp-public-keys@keys.ch.pgp.net

I get
this error from the keyserver

Key block in add request contained no new
keys, userid's, or signatures.
Your key block contained 1 format errors,
which were treated as if the erroneous elements
hadn't been part of your submission.
The errors were outside of any PGP public key;
maybe you didn't send a public key block at all.
Anyway, the last error encountered was:
Key block corrupt: signature without key

What did i wrong ? I only wanted to "delete" my old
 key from the server :)

Thanks for your help!
Kind regards Markus

did this with
gpg --gen-revoke BC3654E7

revoke certificate:

--
Dipl.-Math.oec.Univ. Markus Sagebiel
Email: Sage@biel.com

Operating-System: Linux/2.2.19(i686)
Uptime:  5:31pm up 1:52, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.18, 0.17