GnuPG 1.0.6 compatibility Windows XP or Windows 2000

Oliver Schönrock oliver@schonrocks.com
Thu Apr 11 11:48:02 2002

--==========41557006==========

I am running GnuPG 1.0.6 on W2K without problems.

I have only had 2 problems:

1. When creating my key on the command line, I couldn't get GnuPG to=20
generate the real name with a correctly UTF-8 encoded german O-Umlaut =
(=F6).=20
This may have been caused by a locality setting in W2K since my machine was =

bought in the UK. In the end I used WinPT to act as a front end for=20
generating the key. Here I can type in the =F6 by Alt-0246 on my UK =
keyboard=20
and WinPT will generate the correct UTF-8 character. Only annoyance is that =

it won't display Real Names with proper UTF characters in the Key Manager.

2. The automatic Key-lookup from a public keyserver doesn't work. I believe =

this has been widely acknowledged to be a "bug" in the W32 version. I think =

this is a major feature gap and hopefully can be fixed in a future version.

Hope this helps

Oliver