Encrypt a whole directory in a single pass

carl w spitzer cwsiv_home1@juno.com
Wed Apr 17 19:07:01 2002

As i remember there is a cross compatibility between TAR & WINZIP and
between *ZIP & GZIP.
There may even be TAR for Winblows if not it may be time to LILO as I do
between the two OS.
Find your local Linux Users group they can get you setup.  SUSE 8 is due
out 4-22.

           o                     _______________________________
         o      _____            |     CWSIV_HOME1@JUNO.COM    |
From: "Anthony E. Greene" <agreene@pobox.com>

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:20:47PM +0200, Edmund Lindmayer wrote:
>I want to encrypt a all files in a directory with gpg --symmetric in a
>single pass.  Is this possible, and how to do it?

On Windows, you will probably have to zip the directory first. On Linux,
recommend tar instead, because it keeps the permissions and ownership.

Tony
- --
Anthony E. Greene
<mailto:Anthony%20E.%20Greene%20%3Cagreene@pobox.com%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D
AOL/Yahoo Chat: TonyG05         HomePage:
<http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
Linux. The choice of a GNU generation <http://www.linux.org/>

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.