Importing gnupg secret keys into pgp

Peter T. Abplanalp pta@psaconsultants.com
Thu Apr 18 16:03:01 2002

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

i've used the gdata plugin for outlook and it works nicely, anyway...

as werner just answered on another thread, you might have problems
with the encrypted passphrase from a gnupg secret key.  gnupg appears
to use blowfish which is not supported in pgp.  the solution is to use
gnupg to blank out the passphrase, import into pgp and then assign a
new passphrase.  another way is to make gnupg use a cypher that pgp
supports so use:

gpg --s2k-cipher CAST5 --edit your_key_id

and then change your passphrase.

thanks to werner for the answer in another thread.