Lost Cipher and Hash preferences

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon Apr 22 16:13:02 2002

It is getting more interesting.  The customer was able to encrypt using the
key on a *doze box.  It's their Unix box that doesn't like the key!

I followed the steps to add preferences.  No preferences were added.

Do I understand that v1.07 will have the ability to directly change the
preferences?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Shaw [mailto:dshaw@jabberwocky.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 10:20 AM

[snip]

Hmm.  I tried encrypting to your key here with 7.0.3 and all was well.

I don't know what was exactly was changed between 7.0.1 and 7.0.3 (or
if what was changed is relevant to this problem).  That said, here are
two things to try:

1) Add preferences to your key and give it to the customer to try
   again.  You can add preferences by going to the --edit menu, using
   "delsig" to delete your self-signature, then using "sign" to
   re-sign it with itself.  (gpg -u 1B32D54B --edit 1B32D54B)

[snip]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.