Automatic resyncing of keys?

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Apr 22 23:05:02 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 03:55:53PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> writes:
>
> > This is a feature in GnuPG 1.0.7.  Use "gpg --refresh-keys".
>
> --refresh-keys seems to import new keys with the same user ID as
> present keys, BTW.

Are you using 1.0.6e?  Can you show me an example?

I don't doubt you, but it's hard to imagine how this could be since
the keyservers work on numerical key ids, and GnuPG naturally couldn't
know the keyid of a key that wasn't already in its keyring.  Is it
possible what you saw what a new user ID showing up on an existing
key?

David