File size support on Windows beta version

Erick Thompson ethompson@nbr.org
Wed Aug 14 21:43:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Werner Koch" <wk@gnupg.org>
To: "Erick Thompson" <ethompson@nbr.org>
Cc: <gnupg-users@gnupg.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: File size support on Windows beta version

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:44:56 -0700, Erick Thompson said:
>
> > Just to let everyone know, the beta version still could not decrypt a
large
> > file (the 12 gig one). I understand that it takes custom library calls
> > (different for each platform?), so I'm hoping someone will put it in.
>
> Did you really pipe the data to gpg; i.e.
>
>   gpg --decrypt <large_encrypted_File.gpg >decrypted_file

I did this, and it came up with the same error message. Should I encrypt a
large file using a similar format? I tried doing this, but I couldn't find
the correct syntax to properly encrypt the file.

This is the type of command I used (not the exact syntax).

gpg -e --default-recipient-self < large_plaintext.txt  (??)

Thanks,
Erick