checking signatures in shell scripts

Joseph Shraibman joseph@xtenit.com
Wed Aug 14 22:38:02 2002

OK I'm writing a shell script using --status-fd. I'm getting the line:
[GNUPG:] GOODSIG 7601B0BFBEF180FD Joseph Shraibman <joseph@xtenit.com>

gpg --list-keys gives me:
pub  1024D/BEF180FD 2002-08-14 Joseph Shraibman <joseph@xtenit.com>
sub  2048g/1C77F7D2 2002-08-14

So how, in general, can I match up the GOODSIG to a particular key?  I can use VALIDSIG
because it gives the fingerprint but fingerprints are longer and unwieldy to pass around
(and I have to take out the spaces before comparing).

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net