keyserver.kjsl.com + photo IDs (Re: GnuPG 1.1.91 released)

Jason Harris jharris@widomaker.com
Thu Aug 15 03:08:02 2002

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:30:14AM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:

> GnuPG 1.1.91 has been released yesterday night.  This is a
> *development version* aiming for the 1.2 release.  It has a couple of
> new features and fixes some bugs of course.  There are a few new
> things, so please read the news below.

>     * New export option to leave off attribute packets (photo IDs)
>       during export.  This is useful when exporting to HKP keyservers
>       which do not understand attribute packets.

(Partly in response to this,) I just patched keyserver.kjsl.com to discard
user attribute packets from incoming keys.  Instead of having the entire
keyblock rejected with the message "error decoding keyblock," keys
with photo IDs are now accepted with a warning like this:

  Your key block contained 1 format errors,
  which were treated as if the erroneous elements
  hadn't been part of your submission.
  The last error was on key 0x00000000:
  Note:  user attribute packet(s) (type 17, photo ID(s)?) ignored.

>     * New import option to repair during import the HKP keyserver
>       mangling multiple subkeys bug.  Note that this cannot completely
>       repair the damaged key as some crucial data is removed by the
>       keyserver, but it does at least give you back one subkey.  This
>       is on by default for keyserver --recv-keys, and off by default
>       for regular --import.

I hope to eventually fix this too.

--=20
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris@widomaker.com | web:  http://jharris.cjb.net/

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--