Using "ultimate" Owner Trust

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Thu Aug 15 15:26:01 2002

--=-RxudWle37y0tgvafalQh

[No cc:s please]

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 14:48, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > And why would you need to set ultimate trust on that key? Better sign i=
> > with your own key (if you trust it).
[...]
> No, I don't really trust my key, as I'm habitually accessing my DSL *nix
> box containing the keyring via ssh sessions. The only trusted key is the=20
> one which was generated on and never leaves an air gapped machine, no?

The 'if you trust it' part was of course meant to mean if you trust that
other key that you have generated. I assume you trust your own key to
some extent, of course, else you could just as well stop using it.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg