using various subkeys

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Aug 21 11:34:02 2002

--=-4lIOiKbUq6tFQ1b2GLVf

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 11:20, Werner Koch wrote:=20
> On 21 Aug 2002 09:50:33 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder said:
>=20
> > And another related wishlist item (Ok this one is really not important)=
:
>=20
> > gpg --gen-revoke <subkey-id>\!
>=20
> gpg --edit-key key-id
> key n
> revkey
>=20
> You need access to the primary key though.
That's clear.=20

I thought I'd make a standalone subkey revocation cert, that could be
printed and deleted.=20

But on the other hand, it's a subkey - so I'd still have the primary and
could revoke a subkey without having its secret part (not tried - but
seems logical, the binding sig is made with the primary, after all). And
if I lost the primary I'd have to revoke the primary, not just the
subkey...=20

>=20
> > (another wishlist bug: gpgsplit should be able to output ascii armored
> > things. Ok, agree that this is exotic), but gpg won't import it.
>=20
> gpg --enarmor  might help
Ahh. Thanks.=20

cheers=20
-- vbi=20

--=20
secure email with gpg                            =20
http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTE: Keyservers KILL my key. Get it from
http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481

--=-4lIOiKbUq6tFQ1b2GLVf

--=-4lIOiKbUq6tFQ1b2GLVf--