eof confusiuon on Windows32

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Aug 26 10:40:02 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:46:03 +1000, Alec Clews said:

> gpg under Cygwin seems to expect ^D as eof and I believe that Enigmail
> is using ^Z which makes gpg wait and Enigmail fail.

Which is the expected behaviour on Unix like systems.  This is one of
the problems I expected to see when using different versions of GnuPG.

We will eventually make sure that GnuPG when build under Cygwin works
exactly like a Unix program.  After all, Cygwin is a System to emulate
Unix using the W32 API.

The native Windows build should work like a Windows binary; i.e using
Ctrl-Z to end input from the console.

> 2) Recompile gpg under mingw (in theory should be as simple as using
> --mno-cygwin option)

Using the cross-compiled GnuPG (doc/README.W32) is actually the only
build we support under Windows.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner